This statement sets out how Hinterland Festival use, hold, share and otherwise process personal data. In particular we are committed to processing your personal data in a fair, lawful and transparent manner. In relation to any data that we obtain and hold, Hinterland Festival will be responsible for ensuring that such data is used, stored and eventually destroyed in compliance with data protection law.
- What is personal data? Personal data is any information relating to a living individual which allows either directly or indirectly the identification of that individual. Personal data can include a name, address, date of birth, contact details and any other details specific to that individual and that would allow the individual to be identified.
- How we collect your personal data In most cases, we will collect your personal data directly from you in the context of administering the development and delivery of the Hinterland Festival.
- How we use your personal data The information you provide will be used solely for the purpose for which you provided it. These uses include:
- For processing your online event booking
- For registering your interest in and communicating with you about Hinterland Festival events, Friends membership or our volunteer opportunities
- For registering you as ‘Friend of Hinterland Festival’ and communicating with you about your friend membership
- For registering your subscription to a mailing list(s)
- For registering you as a volunteer, sponsor or service provider
Hinterland Festival only asks the user to disclose as much information as is necessary to enable effective communication with you. This information is confidential and not shared with any other party.
When using our online booking system to book events Hinterland Festival collects such personal information about you and as is necessary to confirm a booking for an event in line with our booking policies and procedures. Our booking policies and procedures are advised when events are announced.
This information is confidential and not shared with any other party. As you use our website, information is received and stored by us. This information is used to enable us to improve the website on an ongoing basis.
- Your rights under data protection law Under data protection law you have various rights, which include:
- Right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the ‘right to be forgotten.’
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
- Disclosing personal data Hinterland Festival does not sell, rent or give to any third party any personally identifiable information about you. It is, however, our policy to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and with parties trying to enforce their legal rights. Therefore, if a law enforcement official or such a third party asks us for information about you, we may disclose that information where we think it appropriate to do so, e.g. in the case of a child protection concern. This is standard industry practice.
- Data Retention Hinterland Festival will retain your information for as long as you are a mailing list subscriber, a friend, volunteer, sponsor or service provider. You may unsubscribe at any time and your information will be deleted. Under the Data Protection Acts 2018 and GDPR guidelines you have the right to find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (for the attention of the Data Protection Officer) or write to the Data Protection Officer, Hinterland Festival. C/o BOOKMARKet Café, Market Street, Kells, Co.Meath. A82 YR84.